And Build Your Base
So You Start Safe and Finish Strong to Full NG9-1-1
How long will it take to get to full Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1)?
You ask 10 people, you will probably get 10 different answers. But our response, based on the hundreds of leaders at PSAPs, Regional, and State level we work with every day is that it will take time – likely 3 – 5 years.
That's why we've broken down what needs to happen to move to full NG9-1-1 into 9 logical, pragmatic steps
The 9 Steps to NG9-1-1
- 1: 9-1-1 Equipment Migration – NG9-1-1 Ready
- 2: Level 1 Data - Text-to-911
- 3: Selective Router Replacement – Carrier Transition, Tabular Routing
- 4: Enhanced Policy Routing Capabilities – Regional
- 5: Inter-PSAP System Communications
- 6: Level 2 Data, Medium bandwidth
- 7: GIS Services
- 8: Geospatial routing
- 9: Level 3 Data
What is most important RIGHT NOW? The first 3 steps. Why? Because they build your base for Next Generation.
How to Tackle Those First 3 Steps?
- Ensure the NG9-1-1 equipment you are migrating to is IP enabled and can receive traditionally routed emergency calls as well as Text/SMS calls and be upgradable to handle other data such as pictures and video, utilizing i3.
- Make sure you are you looking at a Text-to-9-1-1 solution that offers integrated SMS so the management of Text to 9-1-1 calls mirrors how you handle voice calls today and make it easy on your call takers and your operations.
- Consider deploying a Geospatial upgradeable ESRP (Emergency Services Routing Proxy) utilizing Tabular Routing. This allows you to introduce new routing procedures while your GIS Data is remediated for use in geospatial routing.
Where are your gaps in achieving the first three critical steps of the 9 Steps to NG9-1-1? Email Us for the 3 Steps Checklist that will help you identify any gaps and the information you and your team need for next steps.
Bottom line: Public Safety is moving to a new future. Let us help you be in the driver’s seat. We are ready to help you tackle the first 3 steps with our VESTA® solutions so you build your base and get a safe start you can trust. Email Us and let’s get started.
To learn more about starting safe with VESTA and for our 3 Steps Checklist to identify your gaps and what your team needs to know now, email us.
What is critical to you matters to us.
Your CRITICAL MATTERS®